- SHAREABLE FOLDERS AND CUSTOM WALLPAPERS
- Shareable Folders
- Share folders that include dozens of chats with friends or colleagues.
- Anyone you invite can add the folder and join all its chats in one tap.
- You can create multiple invite links to give different people access to different chats in the folder.
- Custom Wallpapers
- Set a custom wallpaper for any 1-on-1 chat.
- Your chat partner can apply the same wallpaper – or choose their own.
- Power Saving Mode
- New switch to disable all resource-intensive processes with one click.
- Individual autoplay settings for videos, GIFs, stickers, animated emoji and more.
- Power saving mode turns on automatically based on battery charge.
- Bug fixes, performance improvements and all that jazz.
- This Telegram update adds a few major improvements:
- EMOJI CATEGORIES: Filter stickers and emoji by categories like "love", "celebration" or "sleeping" in the sticker and emoji tabs.
- CHAT TRANSLATION: As a Premium user, translate entire chats in real time as you scroll them or receive new messages.
- NETWORK USAGE: Check how much of your data was spent on Telegram in the updated Network Usage section in Settings.
- MEDIA PERMISSIONS IN GROUPS: Control whether members of your groups can send 9 distinct media types – like Photos, Voice or Video Messages.
- TRENDING EMOJI: As a Premium user, check out trending emoji packs in the emoji panel and long press an emoji to zoom in.
- SELECT CHATS FOR BOTS: Bot developers can now let users quickly select groups, channels or contacts that meet predefined criteria (more in @BotNews).
- This release also contains crash fix for macOS 10.12.6 and other improvements.
- HIDDEN MEDIA, ZERO STORAGE USAGE, NEW DRAWING TOOLS, PROFILE PICTURES FOR YOUR CONTACTS, AND PUPPIES
- We found someone's letter to Santa and implemented everything on the list:
- Hidden Media
- Media with spoiler effects. You can wrap photos and videos you send in a fuzzy cover by selecting media in the attachment menu and tapping (⋯) > Hide With Spoiler.
- Zero Storage Usage
- Auto-remove cached media. You can choose how long cached media is kept in Private Chats, Groups, and Channels – and add exceptions for specific chats.
- Removing media by type. Separate tabs with Media, Files, and Music from all chats let you quickly clear the largest files.
- Pie charts. The new design helps you see what's taking up space.
- Dwarves with calculators. Cache size is now calculated a lot faster.
- Reminder: All cached media you remove remains accessible in the cloud and can be re-downloaded if needed.
- Profile Pictures for Your Contacts
- Setting pictures for your contacts. You can choose your own picture for a contact – only you will see it on their profile.
- Suggested profile pictures. When editing your contacts, you can suggest a photo for their profile. It will take them just two taps to add the picture you suggested.
- Public profile pictures. If you only allow certain users to see your profile photos, you can set a public picture for everyone else.
- Ultimate profile picture privacy. You can set 'Who can see my profile photos' to 'Nobody' and add some users or groups as exceptions.
- Hiding Members in Large Groups
- Member list privacy. Owners of large groups can hide the list of members.
- The letter also mentioned taking over the world and a puppy, but we hope the real Santa will be able to handle that – now that we've done the rest.