Forwarded from Vincent James
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
A 19-year-old caretaker arrested in Tampa after assaulting an 88-year-old man in his care.
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
As many as 100 people let their fists fly, resulting in at least two people hospitalized and two taken into custody, according to authorities. Police responded just after 12:30 p.m. local time to the Cambria Hotel & Suites in Anaheim, where they immediately saw about 40 people fighting outside and another 50-60 battling inside. Authorities described the scene as “pandemonium.” “It was men and women, adults and juveniles,” Anaheim police Sgt. Shane Carringer told the Orange County Register. “It sounds like people had broomsticks and whatever objects they could find in the hotel."
At least two victims were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, while a man and a boy were arrested for fighting in public and obstructing a peace officer. Carringer believed the melee was not confined to one group of people and that all those involved were either patrons or guests of the hotel.
At least two victims were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, while a man and a boy were arrested for fighting in public and obstructing a peace officer. Carringer believed the melee was not confined to one group of people and that all those involved were either patrons or guests of the hotel.
Meanwhile, in Portland. There are about 200 people here outside the East precinct. Unlawful assmebly declared. Police and state troopers dispersed protestors out of the area. Police jog towards protestors, make one arrest, disperse them to the intersection.
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
New horrifying CCTV footage from Beirut
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Seattle City Council votes to slash number of cops
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Somewhere in Brazil
WANTED! An 18-year-old Washington man is wanted on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the shooting death of another teen in Seattle's former Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP) zone. According to investigators, police identified Marcel Levon Long as the suspect within a day of the June 20 slaying, but they have not tracked him down. He is believed to have fled the state, according to the King County Prose cuting Attorney's Office. “Extremely high quality” surveillance video of the scene near Cal Anderson Park, close to the Seattle Police Department’s temporarily abandoned East Precinct building, allegedly shows Long pull a handgun after a conversation with 19-year-old Horace Lorenzo Anderson. Anderson was taken to the Harborview Medical Center in a private vehicle. When officers arrived there, he was already dead. According to police, the medical examiner found he had been shot at least four times.
MADISON, Wis. — An oversight board demoted Milwaukee Police Chief Alfonso Morales after questioning how he handled multiple incidents, including ordering officers to fire tear gas and pepper spray at protesters demonstrating over George Floyd’s death. The city’s Fire and Police Commission unanimously voted Thursday evening to demote Morales to captain after three and a half years on the job. The chief’s attorney, Franklyn Gimbel, says Morales’ relationship with the commission has been deteriorating since he refused the chairman’s demand to fire an officer involved in the arrest of Milwaukee Bucks player Sterling Brown in January 2018. Most recently the commission criticized Morales for authorizing tear gas to disperse protesters. “His conduct is unbecoming, filled with ethical lapses and flawed decisions, making it inconsistent with someone who has the privilege of leading the Milwaukee Police Department,” Commissioner Raymond Robakowski said. #facepalm
Our hearts go out to officer Valentin "Val" Martinez in the San Fernando Valley Mission Division, we love him and our prayers go out to his family. #RIP
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
National forecast for Friday, August 7
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
A California man has been robbed of his entire life savings outside a bank just moments after withdrawing $200,000 to help his family during the coronavirus. Francisco Cornejo was making his way back to his car in Huntington Park on July 30 when the thief struck. Footage filmed by an onlooker shows as Cornejo is knocked to the ground and the suspect, wearing a black hoodie, runs off with his bag of money.
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Meanwhile, in India. A passenger plane with 191 people on board slided of the runway.
😢1
Welcome to the city of the Democrats! Hundreds of homeless people who have been put up in luxury hotels on Manhattan's Upper West Side by the city as part of its efforts to prevent COVID-19 outbreaks in shelters are terrifying residents by urinating, sleeping and taking drugs in the streets. In July, it emerged that 139 of the city's iconic hotels - which had been forced closed for months - had agreed to take in homeless people for $175 per person, per night as part of a scheme by the city to try to avoid a breakout of COVID-19 in homeless shelters. This week, residents of the neighborhood complained online about the people who are being housed in those hotels who they say are terrorizing the area. #NYPD also reports that many of them are sex offenders.